Nutrition for Wellbeing
Nutritional Therapy combines science and lifestyle recommendations to help you achieve optimal health and wellbeing.
If the concept of ‘good nutrition’ is overwhelming, we can help you make a start!
We take a holistic look at what’s going on for you and suggest achievable changes to what you eat as well as to your everyday life to get you feeling well again.
Or click here to send an enquiry.
Who is the Nutrition for Wellbeing service for?
- Do you have gut problems, digestive issues or food intolerances and are not sure how to manage them? We can help you improve your digestion for optimal health.
- Are you a cancer patient with digestive issues brought on by chemotherapy? We can help you to manage additional symptoms caused by your treatment.
- Are you overwhelmed with medical treatment for a health condition? We can help you learn simple, easy to implement nutritional changes to support you in your recovery.
- Are you struggling with poor sleep? We can help you to get your sleep back on track.
- Do you have weight or metabolism issues? We can support you to lose (or gain) weight with the right food and lifestyle choices for you.
- Are you struggling with stress – is your stress bucket is full? We can look at natural ways to soothe your mind.
- Are you worried about your immune system? Are you always getting colds or catching everything that’s going around? We can help you to build your natural defences and boost your resilience.
- Are you concerned about your thyroid even though standard tests show everything is fine? We can look in detail at where you are out of balance and you to help restore good thyroid health.
- Do you feel your hormones are out of balance? We can help you to find natural ways to support your physical, mental and emotional health.
What can you expect?
Before your first consultation with our Nutritional Therapist, Vicki Powell, you’ll be asked to complete a health and nutrition questionnaire.
This is so you and Vicki can discuss your health concerns, symptoms, lifestyle, your / your family’s medical history, as well as of course what you eat in detail.
Vicki will suggest achievable and sustainable changes to the food you eat that can be modified or adapted as you go. Vicki will not overwhelm you with a complicated plan – she’ll suggest three or four simple changes to begin with to get you going.
Follow up consultations will look at your progress and fine tune the plan to help you achieve better health and wellbeing. Vicki might also suggest functional tests if she wants to look more closely at what’s going on in your body.
The benefits of this service
- Price – we offer an affordable Nutrition service and have appointments available with our Nutritional Therapist, Vicki Powell
- Access to a multi-disciplinary team – NCIM has a team of Holistic Doctors, Holistic Pharmacist, Medical Homeopaths and Acupuncturist with whom you can book an appointment directly or to whom Vicki can refer you if she thinks you’ll really benefit from an additional or different service. The team also has capacity to work together on complex cases if necessary.
- Clarity – Vicki uses everyday language to inform you about how the food you eat, as well as things like sleep and exercise (‘lifestyle’), can support your health and wellbeing.
- Accessible – Vicki will suggest achievable and sustainable changes to the food you eat that can be modified or adapted as you go. Vicki will not overwhelm you with a complicated plan – she’ll suggest three or four simple changes to begin with to get you going.
- Testing – we offer a functional testing service so that we can look more closely at what’s happening in your body. If Vicki recommends a test she’ll set up the online process for you. The majority of these tests can be done simply from home. Once your results are back, Vicki will discuss them with you in a follow-up appointment and make a plan with you.
[NB the cost of home testing is not included in your appointment with NCIM.]
Our Nutrition for Wellbeing Lead
Vicki Powell is a registered Nutritional Therapist who is passionate about empowering people with information and knowledge to enable them to take control over their health and wellness. She does this via simple yet effective changes.
Vicki continues to research nutritional science and evidence-based lifestyle choices to offer the best recommendations for a range of health conditions.
Where is this service delivered?
Our Nutritional Therapist, Vicki, works in Bristol, but you don’t need to live here to access this service!
Our Nutrition appointments are currently offered via online consultations using Zoom.
We will make the process as easy and as smooth as possible for you to have an online consultation.
New patient appointment, 60 minutes – £80
Follow up appointment, 30 minutes – £40