Integrative Healthcare Forum: Living Well in Later Life
September 23 @ 10:00 - 17:00£50
Living Well in Later Life – Too Much to Hope For?
Integrative Healthcare Forum – 23 September 2022
Standard: £50 Full Day | £25 Half Day Society for Integrative Healthcare Member: £45 | £22.50 Half Day
Everyone deserves to be happy and healthy in later life. However, the ageing process isn’t easy for many people; it can bring physical, mental and emotional challenges.
Undoubtedly, you want your patients, clients and loved ones to remain healthy and live life to the full as they get older. However, it can be easy to lose sight of how to keep them well when age doesn’t come alone!
Whereas mainstream healthcare only tends to focus on managing illness, it’s the combination of conventional, lifestyle and holistic approaches that brings our attention back to ‘wellness’.
Integrative Medicine is an empowered model of healthcare that offers diversity and choice. Over the last eight years, NCIM has supported thousands of healthcare professionals and patients to embrace wellness, resilience and whole person health.
Join us at this one day online Forum to explore what it means to age well, what we can learn from our elders, and finally, whether we’re ready for our own old age or that of our loved ones.
To be inspired by a wide range of experts and innovators, broaden your understanding of Integrative Medicine, and apply your newly acquired knowledge at work and at home!
We’ll be talking about….
- The challenges of medical care in later life
- Holistic, whole person systems that support health and longevity
- Reducing the risk of dementia with nutrition
- Co-designing wellbeing services for people in later life
- Fasting to decelerate the ageing process and support cellular renewal
- How dance can support physical, mental and emotional health
- Mentally preparing for death so we can live productive and happy lives
- What keeps older people well – listening to their priorities
Why you’ll want to attend
- You’ll gain knowledge to use in your holistic practice and life right away
- You’ll hear the perspectives of older people and what matters to them
- You’ll be able to ask questions and interact with our speakers
- You’ll make new connections in the Integrative Healthcare community
- You’ll enjoy an immersive wellbeing experience
- You’ll gain 5 hours of CPD
Who is this event for?
Our Integrative Healthcare Forums are a unique gathering of healthcare professionals, CAM practitioners, researchers and students who want clinical and evidence-based updates within a broad vision of healthcare. Members of the public with an interest in Integrative Healthcare are also very welcome to join us.
|10.00||How the Integrative Healthcare Model can support us in later life Dr Elizabeth Thompson (CEO & Holistic Doctor, NCIM)|
|10.15||Health and Longevity through the Ayurveda Lens Bobby Sira (Founder of pharmAveda)|
|10.45||The Science of Fasting in Later Life Donald Gordon (Head of Nutrition, ProLon UK)|
|11.45||Death Cafes Sue Brayne (Author of Living Fully, Dying Consciously)|
|12.15||Social Prescribing in Action: designing and delivering wellbeing services for people in later life (plus a mindfulness practice!) St Monica Trust & NCIM|
|13.45||Dance for Wellbeing Saba James (Nutritional Therapist & Dance Practitioner)|
|14.15||Learning from our Elders – What Keeps You Well? A conversation with those in later life Dr Duncan Still (Diploma Development Lead & Holistic Doctor, NCIM)|
|15.15||Nutritional Support in Cognitive Decline and Dementia Anna Thomson (Nutrition for Wellbeing Lead, NCIM)|
|15.45||Homeopathy in Later Life Dr Gary Smyth (GP & President, Faculty of Homeopathy)|
|16.15||The Book About Getting Older Dr Lucy Pollock (Consultant Geriatrician & Author)|
|16.45||Closing Thoughts Dr Elizabeth Thompson (CEO & Holistic Doctor, NCIM) Dr Duncan Still (Diploma Development Lead & Holistic Doctor, NCIM)|